The Greensville County Economic Development Department is responsible for growing business investments in the County.
The Economic Development Department works with domestic and international companies that are planning to establish new facilities, relocate existing facilities, or expand current facilities.
The Economic Development Department also works with companies that are already located in Greensville to help them grow and expand their businesses.
The Economic Development Department offers the following services:
Site Selection Assistance
- Gather research and information on buildings and sites that the prospect is interested in
- Coordinate visits by prospects with real estate representatives, landowners/property managers, state officials, local officials and other parties as needed
Labor Market Analysis
- Compile demographics, employment figures, unemployment figures, and other critical labor and workforce data/statistics
Business Planning Assistance
- Help new businesses navigate start-up process, including licensing, permitting, and other processes
- Connect entrepreneurs with information and resources pertaining to employee recruitment, funding, and so on
Research and Information Services
- Provide information about grants, incentives, start-up funding, and other forms of financial assistance
- Provide information about employee recruiting/training resources
- Serve as point of contact between the county and the business community, residents, neighboring localities, state officials, and other parties
- Market Greensville County as the ideal location to start or expand a business
- Promote the Mid-Atlantic Advanced Manufacturing Center (MAMaC)